Friday May 19, 2017
8:45a - 4:30p
Webster University Orlando
501 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32805
Times are changing. Training is evolving.
Although ‘in person’ training will always have an important role to play in developing people, teams and organizations - ‘Blended’ delivery which incorporates high quality, immersive eLearning is where it is at.
The modern learner has far higher expectations, which often involves being able to ‘pull’ on learning when required as opposed to being ‘pushed’ through a training course. This has recently been illustrated through the ATD ‘State of the Industry’ report, which highlighted the increased use of online delivery by organizations.
Although there are now hundreds of authoring tools available to create this engaging online content – Adobe Captivate remains one of the industry leaders.
This 1-day Beginners Bootcamp will provide ‘hands on’ training in how to use key features of Captivate to create professional eLearning content.
Participants will be required to bring with them their own laptop with the 30-day free trial version of Adobe Captivate pre-downloaded (if you do not already subscribe to Adobe Captivate).
By the end of this 1-day course you will be able to:
• Understand the eLearning instructional design process.
• Recognize the role of Adobe Captivate Draft (works in conjunction with Adobe Captivate) in the instructional design process.
• Locate and use key tools including text, images, shapes, audio, video, animations and characters in order to create engaging eLearning modules.
• Include interactive features including buttons, click boxes and rollovers with the aim of engaging the end user
• Create and publish an eLearning module in HTML5, which can be viewed on any device including desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile.
Who is this course for?
• L&D professionals who are looking to move into online eLearning content development.
• Individuals who are new to using eLearning rapid authoring tools.
• eLearning developers who are new to Adobe Captivate.
Who is this course not for?
• Advanced users of Adobe Captivate.
• Individuals who are experienced at eLearning development.
• We will notify participants 30 days before the event as a reminder to download the trail version of Adobe Captivate. Please do not leave this until the day of the training.
• Power will accessible in the training room to plug in your laptop.
Constantly striving to INFORM. INVOLVE. INSPIRE. all Workplace Learning and Performance professionals around the world.
Copyright 2016, Central Florida Chapter - ATD. All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 160009, Altamonte Springs, FL 32716