January 25, 2011 5:30 - 8:45
Speaker: Simon M. Lia
GEMS Consulting, Inc.
Learn strategies for successfully uprooting entrenched habits, driving sustained improvement, and executing change initiatives.
The truth is, we all need to be better influencers. Hardly a day passes that we don’t try to influence ourselves or others to do something different. We do our best to motivate employees to demonstrate more concern for profitability. We struggle to complete our projects on time and on budget. We attempt to lose weight or take charge of our temper. In summary, we continually work on ways to exert our influence, but we regularly fall short.
In fact, in spite of the fact that we’re routinely trying to help ourselves and others alter behavior, few of us can articulate a model of what it takes to do so. It’s time this changed. As learning professionals, we need to be able to influence our participant's in order to change behaviors and improve performance. By drawing from the skills of many of the world’s best change agents and combining them with five decades of social-science research, Influencer Training creates a powerful and portable model for changing behaviors - a model that anyone can learn and apply.
In this CFC-ASTD session we will do a few things.
- We will help you understand your current mental model of how to make change happen.
- Then we will show you why that model is almost always insufficient at best.
- We will overview a model that takes into account all the forces of influence that drive behavior and therefore results.
- We will apply this model to a situation in your life where you are dealing with resistant, persistent and profound challenges that will not change.
- We will end with some discussion and a success story or two.
The ASTD Core Competencies that this program applies to are:
Crowne Plaza – Downtown Orlando
304 W. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32801
$25 Student Member
$30 CFC-ASTD Member
$40 guests and non-members
* Please note registration closes on Friday, January 21st at noon. If you register after that the cost will be $40. Thank you
By attending this program you can earn 1.5 (General) HRCI recertification credit hours towards PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certificate Institute by attending this program.
You may also be able to submit for CPLP recertification credit.
As a friendly reminder, cancellations are due no less than 5 days prior to the program. Pre-Paid registrations will not be refunded after the fifth day and pending confirmations will be invoiced with payment due upon receipt. This policy will remain in effect as an effort to cover catering expense and unsold seating created by holding your reservation. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Photos are often taken during the program meeting to be used for newsletters, the website and marketing purposes. If you prefer not to appear in the image, please let the photographer know at the meeting.