June 28, 2011 5:30 - 8:45
Facilitators: Randall La Branche and Kenny Sturgeon
So, you’d like to use more activities in your training, or you suspect learners are tired of the same old paper or PowerPoint-based “exercises”. The latest research proves that activities, when used correctly, can greatly enhance engagement and retention and when used poorly, can alienate participants, or cause them to see training as being too “gamesy”.
In this highly engaging and interactive session, Team Training Unlimited will lead you in exploring how to effectively integrate activities into learning experiences - without your training being seen as silly or “lightweight”. This fast-paced session will provide you with:
- An overview of how, when and what types of activities to use for making learning connections, for inciting meaningful conversations, energy management, and of course, for “Breaking the Ice”
- Hands-on practice on how to seamlessly integrate activities into learning/training experiences (for facilitators)
- Activity design and selection to highlight specific dynamics
- Techniques on how to debrief activities effectively and highlight ‘Debrief vs. Lecture’ (Telling ain’t Training)
- Discussion around activity safety (professional and physical)
- Activity leadership tips, tricks and tools
- A comprehensive reading/resource list
- A list of activities complete with written instructions
TTU will also showcase its iTeam Technology! (Android powered smartphone mobile learning platform)
Kenny Sturgeon and Randall LaBranche are Co-Founders of Team Training Unlimited, a Learning & Development firm that creates and delivers high-value, interactive and immediately applicable training, team building and coaching experiences. They have traveled the world for over 20 years, designing and using activities, games, simulations, exercises, and experiences to enhance learning. One of their activities, “Cultural Networking” was recently published in the “Road Tested Activities” book published by ASTD press. Both have led unique sessions ranging from translating a leadership program entirely into Japanese to creating experiential Social Media Workshops. Kenny and Randall both have experience with a wide variety of teams and individuals including corporate groups, public sector organizations, and universities.
Orlando North Center
1800 Pembrook Drive
Orlando, FL 32810
$25 Student Member
$30 CFC-ASTD Member ($40 for late registrations)
$40 guests and non-members
* Please note registration closes on Friday, June 24th at noon. If you register after that the cost will be $40.
By attending this program you may be able to earn 1.5 (General) HRCI recertification credit hours towards PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certificate Institute.
You may also be able to submit for CPLP recertification credit.
We will be doing a 50/50 raffle so don't forget to bring cash! The 50/50 raffle will raise money for our community partner.
As a friendly reminder, cancellations are due no less than 5 days prior to the program. Pre-Paid registrations will not be refunded after the fifth day and pending confirmations will be invoiced with payment due upon receipt. This policy will remain in effect as an effort to cover catering expense and unsold seating created by holding your reservation. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Photos are often taken during the program meeting to be used for newsletters, the website and marketing purposes. If you prefer not to appear in the image, please let the photographer know at the meeting.